View Single Post

Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
It might be both. I'm not very educated on music as a whole to be honest, but the sound of the guitars/keyboards etc. mix badly to give a very electric sound which bothers me.

Oli - I agree. Great song and apart from sound, the backing vocals being stre-eee-tcccc-hhh-edddd out do get on my nervers a bit.
Having a bit of know how about recording and mixing etc... can be a bit of a curse in disguise as it can make you over analyse songs or notice bad points of songs that you wouldn't otherwise notice. i can't remember which tune but there was a Pink tune from a couple of years ago (I think it's don't let me get me) that I loved until I listened a bit more carefully to the guitars and realised they'd put a ridiculously harsh noise gate on the guitars that sounds totally unnatural and to this day it's the only thing I notice whenever I hear that song.

But as I said, there's probably something in there that's a bit different to the rest of the album (though I've listened to a bunch of other tunes a few times too and the guitars are mixed to have a lot more bass than Richie usually does so the album's at least got continuity in that sense) and your ears are telling you that something doesn't quite fit.

I still think it sounds great.