View Single Post

Old 01-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Dry County

I still can't believe I got to hear These Days live last summer:

https://youtu.be/UBVo_hw-aGs

For that one song, I managed to forget/not care about Jon's vocal struggles, Shanks' dominance on stage, the feelingless solo by Phil and the crappy crowd that woke up twenty minutes until the end of the gig. I just watched my band play the song that I had been wanting to hear for so long, since 2011 at least, and when David started the intro, I couldn't help fighting back tears.

No matter how shit Jon is as a singer nowadays, no matter how mediocre their new albums are (and how Shanks ruins them even further with his lifeless production), no matter how scripted and unimaginative their shows have gotten in general... for those 7 minutes, all was forgiven. Especially near the end of the song I got totally lost in the moment and saw the Jon from my childhood during the crowd singalong one more time, right there, working the masses in front of me. For that brief moment everything just felt right again. I ultimately ended up crying.

PS. And if anyone comes to call me an overly sentimental little pussy for this, I say: have a nice day

Last edited by BJFan99; 01-21-2020 at 11:34 AM..