View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 01:05 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Laziness and retention. Already in late 2002/early 2003, Jon had thought that his voice had settled into a comfortable stage and he went full force on his performances, including a lot of rasp and screams. With this, he shot it down the drain faster than he realized.

So, since that era seemed to be the last one where he really took (technically) proper care of his voice, it seemed that he wanted to make sure to have accomplished his new singing style properly and consistently before going for the demanding songs. With the exception of Blaze Of Glory in Vancouver, setlist were played safe until somewhere in March of 2008.

Still glad he regained his confidence though and got back to more rock'n'roll-styled shows and setlists in 2008. That Newark run in 2007 - I hated it at the time and still don't listen to it today.
Just the other day I was really trying to pinpoint the time where Jon's voice just shot out to the level of what we have today.

I don't mean struggling to hit notes but to the point of becoming unlistenable.

-He finished 2013 fine
-He did the Red Bank Solo show in 2014 and it was still listenable.
- 2015 was the mini Asia tour. Yes his voice was out of shape but it was still listenable. That tour ended in October.
-2016 early '16 (March) he did some acoustic shows. - again not terrible but definitely a decline. It's also acoustic so it tough to really tell.

2016 - promo shows for THINFS - unlistenable

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk