View Single Post

Old 11-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
It's interesting that the previewed songs from These Days weren't the first ones played on the tour when the album was about to be released. However, if I'm not mistaken, the very first song was Hey God which wasn't the first single.

Something For The Change went through some significant changes not only from this version to the released one but alsi the way they performed it live. It was different in 1995 compared to 1996 in terms of what parts in the intro are played by Richie and Hugh. I guess musicians can find more of those.
I think Diamond Ring was the first one they did steadily since it seems to have been the lead-in to Bed Of Roses on the first leg in 1995. But yeah, This Ain't A Love Song was to be the first "odd" single. Only played after other album cuts appeared and then being the first lead single to get dropped on the subsequent tour.
Also gotta go and check some of the other 1994 Xmas shows - they also did This Ain't A Love Song and Letting You Go at those gigs. Probably some interesting different versions as well.