Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

One wild night intro

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 PM
TheseDays2005 TheseDays2005 is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 13 Jul 2005
Location: behind a pc, somewhere
Age: 42
Gender: male
Posts: 5,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Sambora View Post
True, but if it was someone elses work, they would HAVE to credit it to avoid potential lawsuits!
YEP that's what I ment!

That is why I still think its a original created by Dave even though it sounds like something else
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Captain Walrus's Avatar
Captain Walrus Captain Walrus is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: West Sussex, UK
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 11,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Sambora View Post
True, but if it was someone elses work, they would HAVE to credit it to avoid potential lawsuits!
One would assume they'd have to include songwriting credits for the same reason

Wonder how they got around that one?
__________________


Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
TheseDays2005 TheseDays2005 is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 13 Jul 2005
Location: behind a pc, somewhere
Age: 42
Gender: male
Posts: 5,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
One would assume they'd have to include songwriting credits for the same reason

Wonder how they got around that one?
Why? if they 'own' the rights to those songs. They written themselves and any co-writer probably distance him/herself from those rights...

(not using someone else stuff, if it was for intro they HAD to specify, me thinks)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 13,094
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

But for all we know, it COULD be credited to someone. Since the credits aren't really available to us, we don't know. The song writing credits wouldn't include the opening sample.

And anyways, I have definetely heard the sample in other places, I really don't think Dave wrote it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Captain Walrus's Avatar
Captain Walrus Captain Walrus is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: West Sussex, UK
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 11,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 View Post
Why? if they 'own' the rights to those songs. They written themselves and any co-writer probably distance him/herself from those rights...

(not using someone else stuff, if it was for intro they HAD to specify, me thinks)
Co-writers probably distance themselves from those rights? What are you basing that on exactly?
__________________


Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
RS8MB0R8's Avatar
RS8MB0R8 RS8MB0R8 is offline
Senior Member
It's my post
 
Join Date: 06 Oct 2002
Location: Fife
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 4,481
Default

Since it is widely known that Jovi offer writing credit to people who happen to be in the room at the time of sorting lyrics out (even if they offer very little input themselves), it is highly unlikely that the credits for something as noteable as the cuban intro to OWN would be omitted.
__________________
www.gavin-buckley.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 13,094
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post
Since it is widely known that Jovi offer writing credit to people who happen to be in the room at the time of sorting lyrics out (even if they offer very little input themselves), it is highly unlikely that the credits for something as noteable as the cuban intro to OWN would be omitted.
Really? Interesting, do you have any examples?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Lord of the Jovi Realm's Avatar
Lord of the Jovi Realm Lord of the Jovi Realm is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Jan 2004
Location: The Jovi Realm
Posts: 740
Default

the tune is a public domain piece, it is caliope music of generic origin
there are plenty of examples of this type of thing in music through the ages
it's like "travelling music" or what would play whilst the organ grinders monkey danced

As to the actual recording, there is a good chance it was redone specifically for OWN, there are also sample libraries which are available to artists which are paid for once and contain a large variety of sounds, effects etc which may be used lisence and credit free by subscribers/owners.

Aerosmiths drummer released one of these collections of all drum tracks, samples etc a few years back.
P
__________________
1987 - 1 show
1989 - 2 shows
1993 - 1 show
1995 - 1 show
1997 - 2 shows
1998 - 2 shows
2000 - 12 shows
2001 - 14 shows
2002 - 3 shows
2003 - 22 shows
2006 - 1 show
2008 - 1 show
2010 - 5 shows
2011 - 3 shows
2013 - 3 shows
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 13,094
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm View Post
the tune is a public domain piece, it is caliope music of generic origin
there are plenty of examples of this type of thing in music through the ages
it's like "travelling music" or what would play whilst the organ grinders monkey danced

As to the actual recording, there is a good chance it was redone specifically for OWN, there are also sample libraries which are available to artists which are paid for once and contain a large variety of sounds, effects etc which may be used lisence and credit free by subscribers/owners.

Aerosmiths drummer released one of these collections of all drum tracks, samples etc a few years back.
P
I should make recordings of the two other places I've heard it and compare. The one "Yes" used is slightly different and the other one is slightly harder to hear as there's talking over it. This does sound plausible though.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 PM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 58
Gender: female
Posts: 6,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm View Post
the tune is a public domain piece, it is caliope music of generic origin
there are plenty of examples of this type of thing in music through the ages
it's like "travelling music" or what would play whilst the organ grinders monkey danced

As to the actual recording, there is a good chance it was redone specifically for OWN, there are also sample libraries which are available to artists which are paid for once and contain a large variety of sounds, effects etc which may be used lisence and credit free by subscribers/owners.

Aerosmiths drummer released one of these collections of all drum tracks, samples etc a few years back.
P
Great info. to know. Thanks Dave.

deb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
one wild night (song)

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.