View Single Post

Old 02-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Tokyo Road

The Bounce version is not a bad song, I find it far from amazing though ... all three big ballads from Bounce fall short IMO. However, Open All Night is quite possibly the best of the 3 ... it's definitely not You Had Me From Hello, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for All About Loving You, even though it's quite an average song.

The boxset song is a solid song, but I've always though it's a tad overrated on this board ... I like the odd breakdown in the bridge (here's a thought, I wonder if that was the inspiration for the bridge in Last Cigarette?), and otherwise I find it to be a well written, well performed, but ultimately unremarkable song ... I could probably name at least 10 songs off the boxset which I prefer.

What I did enjoy was the performance of it at the 2004 boxset show ... it's going along pretty much as you'd expect, and then right at the end Jon really gets into it and really starts belting out the lyrics ... it's an awesome moment, and one that caught me completely off guard

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!