View Single Post

Old 05-12-2014, 02:43 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
Those are Paul's words, verbatim.
No, mine. I just happen to agree with Paul.

Quote:
Funny, Peter seemed to play the drums just fine for KISS for years while they were one of the biggest bands out there.
But he didn't. He was good in the beginning, but after Love Gun he hardly played on an album and live he sounded bad. The tempos were all over the place and the producers (even Vini Poncia, who produced Peter's solo album) didn't want him to play on the albums. The reunion tours sounded horrible. The triggered sounds made it painfully obvious how bad Peter had become. The solos were actually pathetic.

Quote:
Let's be honest, writing "Beth" doesn't make someone a musical genius. Hell, you or I could sit down one night and write that song.
Yep. But it still takes skill to play a musical instrument. Something that you can play melodies and chords on. Not drums. Plus, at least three people have been on record saying that Peter didn't write it. Why would you doubt people who have nothing to gain (in the 70's all members of KISS got a fixed 25% of everything, Penridge still got royalties, Ezrin gets royalties) by telling the truth?

Quote:
But why now, so many years later, is Paul trying to take credit for it?
He's not! He doesn't have anything to do with Beth, and he never said he did.

Quote:
Because whether Paul likes it or not, and sad as it may be, it was probably their most successful commercial song, and all these bad feelings came up again because of the Hall of Fame debacle. Far from even belonging on any KISS greatest hits, but it is what it is.
It's not the first time this has been brought up, it's been discussed for decades. Look it up. They were talking about it in the 80's, when Peter's solo albums all flopped.

Quote:
I don't disagree about Paul being the main reason KISS still exists, though let's be serious - Who would care about KISS without Gene?
Many don't care about KISS _with_ Gene. I'm sure that they will find replacements for both Gene and Paul in the near future.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.