View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Good Thread. I think I just have certain songs that tie really strongly with certain memories for me rather than really actual events in my life.

You Give Love A Bad Name:
First song I ever heard from the band. I clearly remember hearing it Radio 1, and I started asking my folks questions about the band (they didn't know anything about them haha), I remember going into town with my Grandma and buying SWW on Vinyl from HMV, but this was a while later.

Wanted Dead or Alive:
First song that I ever learned to play on the guitar, somewhat properly. Still one of my all time favourite songs.

I Believe:
First song I saw the band perform live at the Birmingham NEC in May 1993. I clearly remember Richie coming on stage and playing the into bathed in blue light with his leather jacket with the crosses on the sleeve, jeans with the roses down the side and sunglasses. He just looked so damn cool!

Hey God:
I remember buying These Days on the day it came out. I skipped college earlier. I went straight to my aunts house, who had a super expensive hifi that sounded fantastic. I remember putting the CD on turning it up and the opening to this song just blew me away.

Diamond Ring:
This is my Grandma's favourite song. She lived with us when I was a teenager and her room was next to mine. Everytime I played the album and this song came on she would shout at me to turn it up, because she wanted to hear it! I will never be able to hear this song without thinking of her!

Have A Nice Day:
I was in NYC the week this came out, and I saw the band at the Nokia Theatre that week. I remember hearing the song everywhere, on TV, in shops, there was a big Have A Nice Day face in the Virgin Megastore window on Times Square. Everyone in NYC seemed to love Bon Jovi and whenever I would go out in a Bon Jovi tshirt, I would get acknowledged some some strangers. It was a weird experience. I got a signed copy of the CD from the Nokia show, actually it was a signed booklet and a voucher to pick up the CD from a store the day of release. And I remember going back to the hotel opposite Madison Sq Gardens on a crappy little alarm clock that had a CD player in it while I lay on the bed.

There are probably tons more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind...

Last edited by Thinny; 04-18-2018 at 07:28 PM..