View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Can anyone piece together how Phil wound up playing on What Do You Got? I know Phil's connection with Howard Benson runs really deep and he's his session player (or was I guess?) of choice. I did a deep dive of Phil's twitter and Jon and Phil didn't talk in between him recording Levon/his involvement with Aldo Nova and 2011 which seems to indicate Jon wasn't involved in Phil's involvement on the BJ song.

Maybe the label asked for some changes and the band couldn't be arsed? I know Jon wasn't fond of it being a single choice.
The only thing I think Phil has said on the matter was at a clinic he did after his sting with Bon Jovi in 2011 he was saying a few things he was in which included "bon Jovi's new song which I'm not sure I'm allowed to say". Then I remember he told the story of saying it to his grandmother because the song was playing on a Greys Anatomy commercial "hey look that's me on guitar!". Which I always just assumed he played all guitars except the solo but that's just always bend my assumption based on not much so I'd love to be wrong on that....