View Single Post

Old 03-30-2023, 01:03 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Nice thread!

I've given Crush a few listens but it never grew on me tbh. IML is an instant classic obviously but the rest of the album is unfortunately forgettable imo.

I liked Bounce a lot more. Undivided, the title track, The Distance, Everyday.. good songs but in the end the album suffers from this strange "quasi" metal approach / cheesy pop dichotomy. Probably the weirdest Bon Jovi record.

This Left Feels Right, cool idea but not my thing. Mediocre imo...

Have A Nice Day was similar to Bounce but better merged. The heavy guitars and the pop elements are more in tune with each other. The title track, Unbreakable (should've been another single instead of a ****ing bonus!), I am, WSYCGH, all great songs. I've listened to this record quite a few times and I still do occasionally.

Lost Highway. I know this one gets a lot of hate yet I'll never understand why. I love country music. It's my favorite post-2000 BJ record. Great display of different influences, a nice return to form for Sambora and new elements (violin, pedal steel). Feels a little less pretentious than the previous two records but the 2nd half is nowhere near as good as the first one, sadly. It's a good record imo, could've been great with less ballads and more delta blues / folk rock elements. I still listen to Lost Highway a few times a year.

I've gotta be honest, The Circle sounds beautiful. I really, really like the mix especially the guitars and the drums which seem a bit more refined. The whole cold, bright vibe is awesome and a nice contrast to the warm sound of Lost Highway. The first half is very good, then once again too many boring ballads drag the album down. I've given this one a few good listens and still do occasionally.

What About Now is clearly the end of Bon Jovi. Mediocre, a few good ideas here and there but overall boring and a plastic fest sound wise imo. Listened to it twice.

The rest is pure garbage to me, unfortunately. Sorry Jon! Destination Anywhere was great and I'll always have that record, I guess...

Last edited by roach8812; 03-30-2023 at 01:05 PM..