View Single Post

Old 03-20-2023, 06:52 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Most would probably be Crush or HAND and least would probably be 2020.

I usually find myself revisiting every Bon Jovi album every now and then, but I just never really feel like revisiting 2020. Individual songs from the album, yes, sure, but the album as a whole? Not really.

The thing with 2020 is that I'd likely skip about half of the album, so there isn't really a point in listening to the album as a whole anyways - I'm better off just adding the songs I wouldn't skip to a playlist. I probably dislike Limitless way less than the average diehard, but I still don't really need it, so that would be the first skip. Do What You Can is just annoying to me at this point, so that would be two more skips on the deluxe edition. The fact that the melody of Unbroken sounds like Ode To Joy makes that song completely unlistenable to me, so that's another skip. American Reckoning and Lower The Flag I think are good songs, but I need to be in the right mindset to listen to them and I'm just not there when I'm driving on the highway on a sunny afternoon, so I'd skip them too.

Really no point in revisiting the album as a whole under those circumstances.

Also as much as I don't like to say it, I find Jon's vocals on the lower range acoustic songs on 2020 quite hard to listen to in places. I'd rather just listen to songs like Blood In The Water or Luv Can where at least some of his old vocal greatness still shines through a little.

It's a shame really that 2020 is so split in halves for me, because several of the songs on the "good half" are amongst the best songs the band has put out over the past decade.