View Single Post

Old 09-29-2018, 11:12 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I don't think so, I remember a quote KTF era when Jon said that when he sees Bruce Springsteen without the E Street band it's just not the same, and he feels that it's the same with Bon Jovi, if he toured without them, people would miss Richie and the band, it wouldn't be the same...I think the quote was from Raw magazine in the UK.

I can't put a finger on the timing of it, but I think it was a gradual thing from Crush onwards...
Yep, something changed after Destination Anywhere and around Crush. I think it happened around the time lots of things happened, most notably Jon transitioning from a rock star to a celebrity that is part of the establishment. Not that the band was ever rebellious or anything, it just seemed that Jon embraced the day-time TV interviews and the general celebrity that is more oriented to pop stars.

While this has little to do with the recording process, I think it did change the approach to the music in genral. I suppose there's a direct relationship with Jon's music and recoridng process becoming more manufactured at the same time he himself became more manufactured.