View Single Post

Old 09-24-2020, 08:39 AM
Price of posting

Default Rate: Say It Isn't So

Agree Seb.

My mate owned a CD shop at the time and got to listen to Crush a few days before it came out.
When he told me he had it I asked what’s it like as it’s my life was a decent start.
He said track 2 (pop song ) and 3 (awful ballad with rehashed lyrics ) are really poor.
He is a causal Jovi fan and he noticed the change saying a lot of the songs either have no solos or very short solos. But he did love Next 100 years...

So back to Say it isn’t so....really odd song. I like parts of it but dont like the chorus. You’re right in that the verses don’t link and make no sense. No guitar solo is odd (well was at the time) and it’s a real poor track to follow something like IML.

You know something , I feel the same about Something for the pain on These days. Same pattern - great opener, bland song 2nd and a ballad but TAALS is 100x better than TYFLM (which also has hardly any solo).

I’ve always said crush was the start of inconsistent albums from the band. Half of this was left over from DA and it shows.

Could never get on with Say it isn’t so, capt crash, she’s a mystery, all about lovin...was the first time they had released an album where I didn’t like more than 1.

So Say it isnt so gets a 4/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 09-24-2020 at 08:44 AM..