View Single Post

Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I was thinking well this is odd, a single out of nowhere that will go nowhere in the charts.

I do remember that I recognized it right away as a Bon Jovi song. Back then it was on number 1 for weeks as the most requested video on MTV, and I had never heard it. There wasn't really the possibility to download it and all that sort of stuff. From the first chords I knew it was a Bon Jovi song and liked it right away,but felt a bit let down that it didn't have a proper guitar solo, something about every Bon Jovi song had at that time.

The song is alright, but it's obvious that they had no intention of releasing it on one of their own albums. It would've been a b-side back then, but a very good one anyway, hence them giving it away. I was surprised that it didn't end up on one of the Crush singles or as a bonus track for Crush though. When looking at it now, Real Life would have fit on Crush, and could easily replace one of the bad songs on it. It would not have worked as a live song though.

For anyone who also remembers; how cool were the signs in that video revealing the album title "Sex Sells" and the signs saying "Bon Jovi are back"?

Oh, the good old days.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 03-21-2008 at 02:40 PM..