Thread: Real Life?
View Single Post

Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
I think thats just the version they used over the credits from what I vaguely remember from watching EDTv when it was last on the telly. Its just a hacked up version of the song, but with some different touches here and there.
The movie credits versions are always a bit different. It's the same with Blaze of Glory and Billy Get Your Guns versions on Young Guns II movie credits or more recently Old Habits Die Hard version played over the credits on Stand Up Guys.

In a recent interview Jon mentioned he recorded 4 versions of the song (movie version, soundtrack version, demo and one more with the band).

I really loved the movie version of Old Habits Die Hard. The version from the soundtrack preview available on Youtube is completely different. The live version sounded like an Irish song so I didn't pay much attention to it.

The movie credits version starts with the second verse and reminds me of the These Days era production - an acoustic guitar and almost raw vocals (without effects).

I can't say I've really loved anything Bon Jovi or Jon solo have done in the last years but I can't stop listening to Old Habits Die Hard because it's not overproduced and actually sounds like the band recorded it.

I've even ripped the audio from the movie with Audacity into .flac and it sounds great. Wish the new album was done in the same style but I doubt it.

Last edited by Tom_K; 02-02-2013 at 02:23 PM..