Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Real Life?

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Iiiiiinteresting that Outlaws of Love existed in trading circles pre-2004. That was one of the songs I thought no one had heard of. Are you able to post it online or anything about it?

By the 1991 Redbank x-mas show the band was back together and recording KTF. Pretty sure they started recording the album in late '91-ish?
Hi! I used to be a trader before the 2001 and a big punch of songs from the box set got leaked around 94-98 still I don’t know how this things got leaked.
I’m not a powerful technology man, so I feel kinda dizzy about it.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycowboy1970 View Post
Hi! I used to be a trader before the 2001 and a big punch of songs from the box set got leaked around 94-98 still I don’t know how this things got leaked.
Very cool. Do you know what other box set songs exist in alternate forms?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:08 PM
The Distance

Quote:
The Box Set is primarily made up of three things...

1. Sex Sells
2. KTF Double Album
3. Open All Night (Scrapped album due to Crossroads)

There are a couple cool rarities and soundtrack songs but there is also a disc worth of fluff thrown in there too... This was a collection for diehards so we really didn't need songs that we all already had like Edge, Real Life, and a few other demos... I thought vocals from the other 3 band members was unnecessary... especially where there were a ton of other cool titles in there...

When I was talking to Obie at the Philly show and he told me that they are currently converting everything over, I really hope this opens a door to get some stuff out...

Not to jump topics but Obie said he's training/educating someone on the contents within because he is getting older... Realistically, he's probably pushing 70 so in 10 years he'll be pushing 80. Half joking/half serious, I said 'yeah, I'd like to hear some of this stuff in my lifetime too'

I really think he wants to get all the music out but he's not the driving force...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Livin' on a Post

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
I had a blast reading these last 5 or 6 pages.

I forgot for a few months what beasts these guys were in the 80s and 90s. I really wish we would get more unreleased material...
Me too !

Never forget !
Old 07-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
What does that have to do with proving Outlaws was written for KTF?

I meant this song sounds KTF but there exists "original, original, original demos"
JBJ has said a record can pick up where the record before left off and it keeps going, "You know it’s a little up to the left you know"
He also has said "So Outlaws I think was a precursor to things like Wanted Dead or Alive and Stick To Your Guns when we had that infatuation with the cowboy aspect"

Quote:
Conspiracy Theory: 18 and Life, I Remember You, or Youth Gone Wild could be one of the 5.

it's not new that sometimes there are writers/cowriters who chooses don't appear on credits (they take the money some way)

Quote:
Half joking/half serious, I said 'yeah, I'd like to hear some of this stuff in my lifetime too'

I really think he wants to get all the music out but he's not the driving force...

you are only in your 40's right?, so you're being very dramatic here!; I guess it would be a "mile marker" for some special realease

don't ask me to write the interpretation of the interpretation of my posts now, I even don't speak English
Old 07-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
In America
Oh man, forget Cadillac Man, THAT'S the track I'd love to hear in full and with a clean studio version/demo.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Oh man, forget Cadillac Man, THAT'S the track I'd love to hear in full and with a clean studio version/demo.
Obie has always maintained that there is no studio version of Cadillac Man. Not saying it's necessarily true but there was a time when he was very active about answering fans questions and he doesn't really have a reason to lie about it.

That said, if it was given to the movie producers for consideration for the film they must have a decent recording so best guess is that they used a live or soundcheck version.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Obie has always maintained that there is no studio version of Cadillac Man. Not saying it's necessarily true but there was a time when he was very active about answering fans questions and he doesn't really have a reason to lie about it.

That said, if it was given to the movie producers for consideration for the film they must have a decent recording so best guess is that they used a live or soundcheck version.
I'm pretty sure there isn't.
The band may have laid down a basic instrumental track as a guideline or they went with a rehearsal/live cut, but no proper studio recording has been produced.
A few years I ago I got ahold of scans from the early BWJBJ fanclub magazines (1990/91) and there was a Q&A with Jon where he explained at the time that they in fact had never gone into the studio to produce a proper version of Cadillac Man.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:35 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
there was a time when he was very active about answering fans questions and he doesn't really have a reason to lie about it.
Obie once asked me if I would get a tattoo with JBJ's face hahah and I said: Hell, no! I hate tattoos on me hahah

I think a lot of fans have meet Obie in the concerts, you should ask all of this to him next time!
Old 07-13-2018, 09:26 PM
WhamATC

Outlaws Of Love sounds a lot like a mix of KTF/TD vocals cause of the way he sounds there. I bet it's from KTF though.

Btw the chorus of the song could even be better but it would sound too much like the chorus of Because The Night.

Tags
real life (song)