Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Remasters UK?

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 AM
milomom milomom is offline
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance
 
Join Date: 19 Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Age: 58
Gender: female
Posts: 8,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Terri, I got mine in from Amazon two weeks ago. I think it was $14.00, so this one won't kill you.
Well that's a relief. That isn't even as much as a bloody convenience fee!

Thanks for the info.
__________________
Terri
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Well, there is a mini CD which has acoustic Wanted Dead Or Alive on one side and a interview with the band about their favourite tracks on the other.
Oh cool! I'm betting that's the same acoustic version that was on the Wanted Maxi Single back in 1987, which I have....somewhere...and no tape deck. That maxi came with studio Wanted, a live version of Wanted from the Slippery tour, the acoustic Wanted, and I'd Die For You (regular studio version.)

The live version of Wanted is on the Japanese Slippery Remaster Bonus...though if I remember right, it was incorrectly labled as being from 1995. I was happy to get that particular version replaced with a CD version finally. It was always one of my favorite performances as well as my very first ever live Bon Jovi track....FOR YEARS! I always thought that performance captured their mood on that tour perfectly....passionate and full of emptiness, loneliness, and just plain drained from the unexpected nightmare that came with the overnight success of the album. The irony is when the song was written, they had no idea what was coming....I'm sure they wrote it based on what they already felt from previous touring, but it's here that you are hearing it performed with much more significance. I've always loved how haunting the intro sounded with Tico's bass thump much more prominent than on the studio version. If you listen to this particular version and then watch those images from the music video, what you see there goes with what you hear on the live version.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:37 AM
bjmjpl bjmjpl is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Age: 47
Gender: male
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Oh cool! I'm betting that's the same acoustic version that was on the Wanted Maxi Single back in 1987, which I have....somewhere...and no tape deck. That maxi came with studio Wanted, a live version of Wanted from the Slippery tour, the acoustic Wanted, and I'd Die For You (regular studio version.)

The live version of Wanted is on the Japanese Slippery Remaster Bonus...though if I remember right, it was incorrectly labled as being from 1995. I was happy to get that particular version replaced with a CD version finally. It was always one of my favorite performances as well as my very first ever live Bon Jovi track....FOR YEARS! I always thought that performance captured their mood on that tour perfectly....passionate and full of emptiness, loneliness, and just plain drained from the unexpected nightmare that came with the overnight success of the album. The irony is when the song was written, they had no idea what was coming....I'm sure they wrote it based on what they already felt from previous touring, but it's here that you are hearing it performed with much more significance. I've always loved how haunting the intro sounded with Tico's bass thump much more prominent than on the studio version. If you listen to this particular version and then watch those images from the music video, what you see there goes with what you hear on the live version.

totally agreed to ticos bass thump - takes me back to driving to swim team practice....those were good days to be getting into music - that was a great tape...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Johny's Avatar
Johny Johny is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2005
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Oh cool! I'm betting that's the same acoustic version that was on the Wanted Maxi Single back in 1987, which I have....somewhere...and no tape deck. That maxi came with studio Wanted, a live version of Wanted from the Slippery tour, the acoustic Wanted, and I'd Die For You (regular studio version.)

The live version of Wanted is on the Japanese Slippery Remaster Bonus...though if I remember right, it was incorrectly labled as being from 1995. I was happy to get that particular version replaced with a CD version finally. It was always one of my favorite performances as well as my very first ever live Bon Jovi track....FOR YEARS! I always thought that performance captured their mood on that tour perfectly....passionate and full of emptiness, loneliness, and just plain drained from the unexpected nightmare that came with the overnight success of the album. The irony is when the song was written, they had no idea what was coming....I'm sure they wrote it based on what they already felt from previous touring, but it's here that you are hearing it performed with much more significance. I've always loved how haunting the intro sounded with Tico's bass thump much more prominent than on the studio version. If you listen to this particular version and then watch those images from the music video, what you see there goes with what you hear on the live version.
It will be the same version as on the single. It was apparently taped during the SWW tour because Jon's voice is very shot. Suprisingly, it makes the song better - it help to create the imagination that being on tour is really hard.

The live version you speak about is, I guess, from Cincinatti March 19, 1987. It has great background vocals from Richie!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
It will be the same version as on the single. It was apparently taped during the SWW tour because Jon's voice is very shot. Suprisingly, it makes the song better - it help to create the imagination that being on tour is really hard.
I've never really liked it too much as they quickly superceded that version with far superior and more memorable acoustic performances such as the MTV Awards, though I wouldn't mind getting my copy upgraded.

Quote:
The live version you speak about is, I guess, from Cincinatti March 19, 1987. It has great background vocals from Richie!
No, it isn't Cincinatti. I've had that show for years as well. The drums are hardly prominent on that show and I don't particularly like the sound. I'd much rather get a hold of the entire show the version of Wanted in question is from. It is not in circulation.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,970
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
No, it isn't Cincinatti. I've had that show for years as well. The drums are hardly prominent on that show and I don't particularly like the sound. I'd much rather get a hold of the entire show the version of Wanted in question is from. It is not in circulation.
That version of Wanted Dead Or Alive was recorded on March 3, 1987 at the Cobo Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA. There is a bootleg recording available of the night before, but the night this version was recorded is not in circulation as far as I'm aware.

Just because it's not on my site doens't mean that I don't have the information.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Johny's Avatar
Johny Johny is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2005
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



That version of Wanted Dead Or Alive was recorded on March 3, 1987 at the Cobo Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA. There is a bootleg recording available of the night before, but the night this version was recorded is not in circulation as far as I'm aware.

Just because it's not on my site doens't mean that I don't have the information.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I wasn't looking at your site while answering The next show I'd go for is Uniondale August 10, 1987 Those would be the obvious ones for me

I'm pretty sure that it should be March 11, 1987 (wow, precisely a year before I was born ). I have the a bootleg of the night before March 10, 1987.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,970
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I'm pretty sure that it should be March 11, 1987 (wow, precisely a year before I was born ). I have the a bootleg of the night before March 10, 1987.
Whoops, yeah I got the date mixed up. It's filed as 3.11.1987 here, and with Americans changing the dates with the months it's sometimes a bit harder to get the day/month right. Silly wankers.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Johny's Avatar
Johny Johny is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2005
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



Whoops, yeah I got the date mixed up. It's filed as 3.11.1987 here, and with Americans changing the dates with the months it's sometimes a bit harder to get the day/month right. Silly wankers.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I don't understand their date system as well Maybe a need to be different

3.11.1987 it's clear that it is written in the American way because they weren't on tour in November 1987, last show was about the half of October at Hawaii. I don't remember the exact date and I can't be bothered to look it up now, I'm bored to death with writing an essay about architecture.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Kathleen's Avatar
Kathleen Kathleen is offline
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 05 Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 72
Gender: female
Posts: 17,169
Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen
Default

I have a sampler with the following information:

Wanted Dead Or Alive, USA promo, US CD7P 01

1 Wanted Dead Or Alive (Short Version)
2 Wanted Dead Or Alive (Live)
3 Wanted Dead Or Alive (Long Version)
4 Wanted Dead Or Alive (Acoustic)

(2) 1987-03-18 Electric Ladyland Studios. NY
(3) 1987-03-11 Cobo Arena, Detroit

For all you Europeans who don't understand these things - the date is expressed in standard format - Year - Month - Day
__________________

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
remaster

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.