Thread: Remasters UK?
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Oh cool! I'm betting that's the same acoustic version that was on the Wanted Maxi Single back in 1987, which I have....somewhere...and no tape deck. That maxi came with studio Wanted, a live version of Wanted from the Slippery tour, the acoustic Wanted, and I'd Die For You (regular studio version.)

The live version of Wanted is on the Japanese Slippery Remaster Bonus...though if I remember right, it was incorrectly labled as being from 1995. I was happy to get that particular version replaced with a CD version finally. It was always one of my favorite performances as well as my very first ever live Bon Jovi track....FOR YEARS! I always thought that performance captured their mood on that tour perfectly....passionate and full of emptiness, loneliness, and just plain drained from the unexpected nightmare that came with the overnight success of the album. The irony is when the song was written, they had no idea what was coming....I'm sure they wrote it based on what they already felt from previous touring, but it's here that you are hearing it performed with much more significance. I've always loved how haunting the intro sounded with Tico's bass thump much more prominent than on the studio version. If you listen to this particular version and then watch those images from the music video, what you see there goes with what you hear on the live version.
It will be the same version as on the single. It was apparently taped during the SWW tour because Jon's voice is very shot. Suprisingly, it makes the song better - it help to create the imagination that being on tour is really hard.

The live version you speak about is, I guess, from Cincinatti March 19, 1987. It has great background vocals from Richie!