View Single Post

Old 08-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to b0n_Jov1

Well, okay, I will stat that.

For a debut album from young boys coming from nowhere, I have to say its an excellent album. But if you compare it to their other works, (sww, nj, ktf...etc) you can clearly see they didnt know really well where they wanted to go and what style they wanted to play. One of my regrets is that in alot of the songs they are using the same chords, wich is making all the songs sounds the same, though they all have something different that makes you say: hey, they have talent.

Runaway is the song that made it first. A strong keyboard intro, a good storyline, great vocals and cool guitar works, and the song is on every radio station, good work overall.

Roulette keeps me wondering. The lyrics are cool , imo, the metaphor and all, I like it. but when it comes to the song, musically, im not sure anymore. maybe too much keyboards, i dont know, but theres something bugging me. but its a good song and im glad its on the album.

She dont know me is probably the song i dislike the most on the album. The band didnt wrote it, and you can see that, trough the lyrics AND through the music. I have nothing else to say on that one.

Shot trough the heart is a really good song. it shows their ability to put some simple lyrics on a great musical font and make it sounds awesome.

Love Lies and Breakout are kinda similar in some point. You can see in these songs that they werent really sure of themselves, so they took a song they like, and kinda repeat it

Burning For Love is good, thought not one of my favorites. Its in the same style as every song, though I prefer the other ones.

Come Back is one of my fave!!! I love that song. Energy, Emotion, Guitar, Voice, Keyboard......i dont think i have to name it all lol

Get Ready is one of the typic 'im-starting-to-get-big-so-I-wanna-show-my-rock n roll-side' if you know what I mean

Im pretty happy with that album, though there would be some song that I would take off. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my review

BON JOVI ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!