View Single Post

Old 04-01-2024, 10:55 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

For the first time since the 80’s, I listened to the album from start to finish today. (The only song I sometimes listen to is In&Out. )

What a forgotten gem. Of course, the production isn’t perfect. Some of the lyrics are a bit silly I guess. That said, I loved what I heard today. Raw distorted guitars, catchy melodies, Jon’s high pitched screams. Even songs I didn’t like too much back in the 80’s (KOTM, TTF) now sounded more or less like anthems. The biggest surprise for me was obviously ARTY. I guess I never realized it’s power back then. What a cool, ass kicking hard rock song.

A band that would be on the top of the world the next year. It gives me the chills to think of that. It’s the same feeling I get watching the live video from Montreal 1986, Bon Jovi opening for Judas Priest. In a few weeks from that moment, they would be the heavy weight champions.

Honestly, I had never really understood the album’s real power. I found the band in the SWW era (LOAP had just topped the charts) so it got sort of overshadowed by SWW for me.

What a cool album.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk