View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

I hated LH when it came out and I still don't like it. I was 19 back then and it was a slap in the face for me because I had hard times proving my favourite band was a rock band and they released this. I get it's not a country record but the arrangements and effort to enter the country charts because it was probably when country was really popular. Take out the violin, only add strings (as they used to), take out the other nonsense like pedal steel and make rock arrangement and I may like the album.
For example WLOL - that would be an excellent song. LH not - the guitar lick sounds too Nashville even without violin. Onthe other hand I love Put The Boy Back In Cowboy - it's tongue in cheek, funny, it rocks, hell why not. I have no problem with WGIGO, its problem as it is with Captain Crash and Sleep etc is that they play all of those non-singles live and terribly overplay them when it'd be enough to rotate them in one spot.
The second half of the album is just boring, When the individual songs might have nice atmosphere and aren't probably that bad, they don't work as an album.
I have to praise the sound as such - they sound more like a band, the record breathes if you get what I mean. And even though I couldn't stand having violin on the stage, the tour was great. The golden touring era from 2008 to 2011
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights