View Single Post

Old 11-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Revisiting Slippery

I listened to SWW today for the first time in ages. A few things struck me about it. First of all it's kind of short, isn't it? But maybe Bounce would have been a better CD if they'd left off All About Loving You and Open All Night. Second, it doesn't sound like it's 22 years old. I sometimes listen to Hairnation which plays all of Bon Jovi's peers from the 80's and many of those songs do sound outdated. Third, Social Disease is filthy. LOL It would have been a great song for Aerosmith to record and I wish Jon and Richie had given it to them when they asked for it! Next, I find it almost incomprehensible that these guys were able to make such a fantastic album when they were so young. I'm now older than Jon, Richie, and Dave were at the time so it gives me a different perspective on what they were accomplishing at that point in their life. And, last, I can't help but admit that I find Jon's voice to be really sexy. The sigh in Let It Rock, and the enunciation of "Bad Name" and "Not tonight" in Wild in the Streets all got to me.

My CD player switched from SWW to Lost Highway and while I had time to listen only to that one song, the progression really did seem natural and fitting. Lost Highway (the song, not the album) sounds like a more mature version of that band that did SWW two decades ago. All in all, I'm glad Bon Jovi's been there to provide the soundtrack to my life. Listening to SWW brought back many memories.

Last edited by Becky; 11-04-2008 at 02:28 PM..