View Single Post

Old 02-04-2023, 11:00 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Apologies if this has been posted already but a friend sent me this article and I thought some of you might find it interesting. It's from a year ago and is specifically about the American productions of Masked Singer; but it offers some interesting notes about what the contestants have to agree to. Happy reading!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/lif...testant-rules/

Stars get to choose their own costumes.
There's a set of pre-selected costumes that the celebs pick from and then are allowed to tweak them to their liking. Host Nick Cannon told PEOPLE, "Usually their costumes are a clue to who they actually are."

If there were still doubts about whether it was Richie or not, the choice and taste with the wardrobemakes it even more obvious. Haha!

Stars can choose which songs they'd like to perform.
Producers work with the contestants to choose songs that not only suit their voice, but also fit that week's theme. From Vegas Night to Muppet Night, the show likes to get creative.

I think the songs chosen by Richie (or whoever) hasn't been terrible actually, and I think it's because they have this team of people who are honest and won't be shy about telling Richie that his version of Don't Look Back In Anger not work.

Stars can only work with their designated teams.
According to host Nick Cannon, the contestants are each assigned choreographers, voice coaches and production to help them create unforgettable performances. But with security being of the utmost importance, performers can only work with the people assigned to their team.

This is the most interesting point, maybe Richie is learning some more focused singing thanks to this show.

---

EDIT - UPDATE: Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 02-04-2023 at 11:22 PM..