View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 06:39 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
It does seem that when Richie didn't show all them years ago, Jon just snapped his hand off. What I mean is if Richie did show he would probably still be in the band, but Jon seemingly was waiting for something to close the door.

He's mostly right in what he says, of course, but the way he dismisses the previous incarnation of the band (you know, the only one anyone really cares about) is pretty disrespectful. They just became different people and Richie just does not suit Jon's image anymore. It appears Jon was low key happy Richie made the first most, so to speak.

Has any band ever become as outwardly corporate as Bon Jovi? Jeez he even talks about it like it's simply a business thing. And yeah, I am not naive enough to think most mega successful bands are ultimately organizations, but at least most of them hide it.
Yeah, almost all successful names have to adopt a corporate outlook [although no one throws around the terms "CEO" & " major corporation" as much] and I'm sure fans didn't mind it when the music was genuine. But the truth is : No one takes Bon Jovi's musical output seriously anymore. They might as well be a successful packaging goods manufacturing company.

Richie has been out for a while and in hindsight its been the absolute best scenario for him: extra family time+ him being his own boss for creative ventures. I didn't understand the break when it happened but now I think it was a timely decision by Richie. He failed terribly with his first step [with Orianthi/RSO] and I guess that'd reflect in his music in a good way[that's still being made, I guess].

Jon, on the other hand, has sunk so far down a hole that its mindboggling. His arrogance over his "success" is repulsive and to downplay Richie's part is probably the worst thing he could do. I mean, Richie's guitarwork is what separates Bon Jovi from your generic forgotten 80s bands. Let's not even get started on vocal melodies and comparison to inferior guitar players who lay motionless live [Edge]. RS can still sing in the right key, Jon! And in time. Even when he's drunk.

Last edited by rickysambo; 12-14-2019 at 06:42 AM..