View Single Post

Old 12-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_K View Post
https://www.pollstar.com/article/the...e-world-142923
About Richie:
“This isn’t a band that is dependent on the guitar player like Van Halen or U2 or something, it was about the songs and it was about me,” Jon Bon Jovi tells Pollstar..
Every good band is about songs in the end, and Jon is right about that. It is however incredibly otherworldly dishonest and rude to leave Richie out of the "songs" part - writing and delivery with guitar as much as Jon's voice.

It is not about being "the best" since Richie clearly is nowhere in that discussion. It is about being the right guitar player. Richie is it for the BJ. The only one. There would be no corporation for Jon to lord over without Richie. (Nor without Jon, of course)

I wish the guys would just stop talking about Richie leaving. They are never going to tell us what really went on, so it's not like we need to be waiting with baited breath. And if you, my dearest reader are, stop. We will never ever ever know. Not even in their memoirs will we get the real story.

So stop talking about it and spare us from this kind of nonsense. Just tell the reporters "sorry, I don't think there is any more to say about that", please Jon (and Richie).