View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 09:17 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I guess that explains him being with Merck Mercuriadis on the red carpet at the Aerosmith tribute thingy. And maybe hanging out with Nile Rodgers, too.

So, I have a question. I'm a little confused about what Hipgnosis is and what they acquired in the purchase. It's described as an "IP investment and song management" company. The article I read said: "Hipgnosis has acquired 100% of Richie Sambora’s publishing and writer’s share royalties in his catalog..." What does that mean in layman's terms?
From what I can gather they help artist make money from their song writing, by promoting their songs to people that need music for TV, or promo etc an make sure that the writer gets the royalties that they feel they are due. It's really not very clear, and I've read a few articles about the company, but for some reason it all seems very vaugue. A lot of what they do seems to be along the same lines as a music publisher, but a more hands on version. So expect that the deal was up with whoever owned Richie's publishing right and he sold the publishing rights to this company, who are a more modern take on the publisher. I think. I could have it wrong...