View Single Post

Old 08-02-2018, 08:43 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
They didn't tour Europe because Jon's voice is f*cked up with which he barely can satisfy a arena and there's no way he'd make it through European stadiums.
The real fans don't sell out the stadiums, the non-commited music fans who like to see a big band when they're in town, those folks sell out the stadiums.

I'm absolutely with you that Jon needs his sidekick, that Bon Jovi-magic is only happening with Richie, that the HoF performance showed what was missing. I agree on all those points.
But the HoF performance also showed something else: It was a rehearsed 4 song perfomance and even during those rehearsed 4 songs Richie's play was sloppy and out of time (partial). His solo performances with Ori all were a mess. He isn't the Richie we used to know anymore. And even during his last 5+ years in Bon Jovi he's been bashed all the time for his sloppiness - nowadays it's even worse.
Bon Jovi missed the chance to use their HoF induction for promotion, they missed various chances for anniversary releases, shows or even tours (Slippery, New Jersey, Keep The Faith). Pigs might fly if they get the idea to promote a reunion with Richie.

And there's still one point that must not be underestimated: Richie left 21 shows in a world tour with another 82 shows following. The reason behind this move doesn't matter - this was and still is an unreliability that can't be ignored. And this wasn't the only time (e.g. band rehearsal for the BBC radio show in 2013 where he chose to watch a football game instead of showing up for rehearsal).

I would love a reunited Bon Jovi, but I don't believe in it.
He killed it in SA

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk