View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Something is very off with all of this...

I could see saying 'it's not the real thing' if he was fired... but to leave on your own and then bash it is very odd to me...

It's almost like he wants the band to fail or break up...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
(Did you mean "wanted" the band to fail? Remember, this was at least 4 years ago.)

When these statements were first published it started a whole new level of Richie hate because ppl said "He's bashing the band. How dare he? He's the one who left." I didn't understand their outrage then any more than I understand your comment now.

Here's why: Any number of ppl here have said repeatedly "it's not BJ without Richie" (or as Richie said, "it's not the real thing") and a lot of people were disappointed when they found out that they were going to see a Richie-less Bon Jovi (or as Richie said, "fans have paid to see Bon Jovi and they're not getting the whole deal").

So when Richie was only saying the same things that fans here were saying, how did that imply that he was bashing the band or wanted the band to fail? Do you think the fans who made those comments wanted the band to fail? Were they trashing the band?

As for why he would say that when he was the one who left, don't forget that there were also rumors that he wanted to go back to the band but Jon wouldn't let him. And that "rumor" was supported in the same statement. Here's the whole thing.

Quote:
The Bon Jovi guitarist announced his departure from their 'Because We Can' tour last month citing 'personal issues' and after Jon revealed it was an issue Richie has been through before, it was speculated he was referencing Richie's last stint in rehab, for alcohol abuse, in 2011, which saw him miss out on 13 shows.

However, Richie has hit back and suggested Jon 'stop with the trash talking'. He told MailOnline: 'I don't have any major problems in life right now, I love my fans and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line.

"My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back. Enough with the trash talking! Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly. I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich and this is a private matter."
(That also ended any further references to rehab/drinking from Jon. He went back to "personal issues" for the remainder of the BWC tour forward until he started THINFS promos.)