View Single Post

Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm a Richie fan regardless of what you might think... If he played locally, I'd go in a second... I'm just a realist and I know the truth hurts... I'll stop right now if it make you and Jackie feel better...

And no, I seriously created this thread because RSO is over and Richie should have his own...

Again, I'll only react to recent stuff going forward (unless it connects to the past)...
Don't worry about Jackie; she's fine. Debates don't bother me. Obviously, since I contribute as much to the issue as you do. (I'm reasonably certain that I'm the other side of that debate that "keeps going in circles" Captain Jovi referred to. I take exception to "reading between the lines", in this particular case; but I figured that, by that point, no one cared about any objective proof, so I dropped it. )

The issue with only reacting to recent stuff going forward is that, in all likelihood, even that will probably connect with Richie - directly, or because someone makes a comparison, or raises a question, or can't resist a snarky comment (because they can't let go of the past), or for any number of reasons. And then we're off on another round.

Short of forbidding any reference at all to Richie, I don't know that there's a solution. He was just too big a part of the band for too long and people still have strong feelings about what happened.