View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 02:00 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I wasn't directly referencing you. There's a few people who encourage people to not take everything at face value and there has to be more to the story etc. Both sides the situation are needed to keep the debate going and short of Jon and Richie saying "Here's what happened" it's going to keep going and I no longer understand why this thread was needed. If it were just one place to bitch about Richie then I'm aaaaaaaaaall for it.
Bad assumption on my part, then. I took it that you were referring to the latest discourse, which was primarily me and RDK. Not a problem, either way. I was just yanking your chain a little.

Like reacting to only recent stuff, the problem with having one place to bitch about Richie (or rehash ancient history) is that it never starts out to be about Richie or the split. I honestly don't think that anyone is so enamored of the subject that they would go to any thread just to bring it up. It's not like anyone deliberately sets out to renew the conversation. It just grows out of on-going discussions and it's usually sparked by a relatively benign comment or question that relates to the topic but also opens the door for comments that drift further and further away from the thread topic and into a rehash. At least that how it seems to me.