View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 01:19 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
I recall a lot of praise for Sambora during that first leg. This is when Jon really started slowing down. There was discussion on here about possible sciatica because of the way he was moving (and ways he wouldn't move). I remember reading on here that Richie had stepped up as a musician and performer during that time. I was at one of Sambora's last shows and he was on fire.
That's what I remembered, too. From what I recall, I noticed that the chemistry seemed to be off at Bamboozle and later at the 12-12-12 concert. But in between those two shows, at the i-Heart festival was where I first noticed Jon's lack of energy and that he seemed to be on autopilot. Seems like there were a number of comments about Jon phoning that one in; and other ppl were saying he sounded like he might have a cold or something; but they also talked about how into it Richie was; and how good he looked and sounded. If memory serves, those same kinds of comments and comparisons carried throughout the first leg. But I've slept since then, so I could be mistaken about that.