View Single Post

Old 10-17-2021, 10:57 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I get you, but I don't really think that whether Richie was currently in the band or not would make much difference to his numbers, which was RDs original point. The truth is of the of Bon Jovi fan base, probably 95% of them dont care (or in some cases even know) who is in the band apart from Jon. The difference Richie being in the band would make to his numbers in inconsequential.

The people that support Richie's solo stuff now are probably 99% the same people that were supporting him when he was still in the band. Him leaving will not have changed anything in that respect.
Richie being with the band gives him his fanbase. Richie has a bigger target audience releasing a solo album being in Bon Jovi verses not. The way he left band left fans bitter.

I think most fans are grateful for his contributions with the band and the solo albums he released during his time with the band. It helped fill some gaps between albums but now he's removed from that scene.

I think there are still fans that will check out his newest solo efforts but most will no longer embrace it. You could even see that happening here.

Once you get into that Backstage Fanbase, you're either with Jon or your not.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk