Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoRourke View Post
Excellent, great news! Hopefully it's the result of the time spent with Bob Rock those past months.
I'd imagine the album was probably completed ages ago - when he was posting clips etc and that things are only moving forward now his publishing deal has been completed.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Jovi Fan

Best news in years in the extended Bon Jovi front as far as I am concerned. A decade maybe. Hell, I don't remember when.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:47 PM
These Days

I will be the party pooper here.

I just don't think Richie has a great album left in him. People forget that the RSO project was released just 2 years ago and was also produced by Bob Rock. I know we're not talking numbers, but to me, that album was just as much of a flop artistically, as it was commercially. Aftermath wasn't much better either.

Producers don't write songs, they just play around with the material they have. But much like coaches in major sports, they are drivers of fan expectation and are given way too much credit/blame for things.

Is it realistic to expect that Richie will all of a sudden start writing amazing songs just because Orianthi has left the picture?

Since people will naturally compare them, I expect the Richie's new album and Bon Jovi 2020 to be a race to the bottom.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I will be the party pooper here.

I just don't think Richie has a great album left in him. People forget that the RSO project was released just 2 years ago and was also produced by Bob Rock. I know we're not talking numbers, but to me, that album was just as much of a flop artistically, as it was commercially. Aftermath wasn't much better either.

Producers don't write songs, they just play around with the material they have. But much like coaches in major sports, they are drivers of fan expectation and are given way too much credit/blame for things.

Is it realistic to expect that Richie will all of a sudden start writing amazing songs just because Orianthi has left the picture?

Since people will naturally compare them, I expect the Richie's new album and Bon Jovi 2020 to be a race to the bottom.
I disagree here. Do I expect it to be anywhere near what Richie delivered in his prime? No, probably not even close.
I completely disliked the RSO project, but Aftermath still had some really good material. You Can Only Get So High and Seven Years Gone had more emotion, substance and depth that anything out of the Jovi camp since Lost Highway. I expect it to be in that region. 4 or 5 good to really good tracks, some filler material. Especially since Richie still sounds remotely like Richie and, frankly, even on his worst day couldn't provide more boring guitar work than what's on the CEO's album.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
...but the clip with tommy lee sounds very promising
Old 04-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Aftermath still had some really good material. You Can Only Get So High and Seven Years Gone had more emotion, substance and depth that anything out of the Jovi camp since Lost Highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Especially since Richie still sounds remotely like Richie and, frankly, even on his worst day couldn't provide more boring guitar work than what's on the CEO's album.
This!

I actually love Aftermath, I don't get the negativity around that album at all. Could have been a better mix, but there were some great songs and great guitar work. I honestly have to wonder if the people that said it sounded like a modern day Bon jovi album even listened to anything more than Every Road....

I absolutely believe that Richie has another great record in him.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Price of posting

Well, for me, the RSO disaster was mainly because we didn't have Richie as the lead singer on all the songs.

It's funny that I like his 5 songs as the main singer, however the rest seems forgettable, and that Orianthi was never my priority, I don't even like his albums. I guess it's a matter of taste.

That being said, I can see how many Bon Jovi fans don't care what Richie does solo, but those fans who enjoy hearing Richie on lead vocals would certainly enjoy a new album. I like One Night Of Peace more than Unbroken, to give an example.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
This!

I actually love Aftermath, I don't get the negativity around that album at all. Could have been a better mix, but there were some great songs and great guitar work. I honestly have to wonder if the people that said it sounded like a modern day Bon jovi album even listened to anything more than Every Road....

I absolutely believe that Richie has another great record in him.
Yup. In no freaking world would Burn that candle down and Learning how to fly.....fit on to a Bon Jovi record.

With RSO, Richie and Ori wrote some middle of the road pop songs that tried to appeal to too many audiences. There's stuff I really like, stuff that's fine, and stuff that I can't put on my iPod (Good Times, blech). It's what happens when you try to be too many things at once.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Well, for me, the RSO disaster was mainly because we didn't have Richie as the lead singer on all the songs.

It's funny that I like his 5 songs as the main singer, however the rest seems forgettable, and that Orianthi was never my priority, I don't even like his albums. I guess it's a matter of taste.

That being said, I can see how many Bon Jovi fans don't care what Richie does solo, but those fans who enjoy hearing Richie on lead vocals would certainly enjoy a new album. I like One Night Of Peace more than Unbroken, to give an example.
Totally agree, especially with I guess it's a matter of taste part.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Next 100 Posts

All we can judge is the clip where he was with tommy lee and the video with normans rare guitars where he played also a little bit. To me both sounded great so I expect a decent album. If i would take a guess I would say it will be a mix of acoustic and rock. When Richie was in the studio Michael Bradford postet a lot of pictures and all of them where with his acoustic guitars and Tommy Lee is not needed for acoustic songs.
Closed Thread

Tags
richie sambora