Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I'm pretty sure Richie's buddy, Phil Cassens (?), posted it on Soundcloud. I don't remember his role; but he was working with Richie on the album.
Interesting, I never knew that, thanks. What a silly move that was!
Old 07-13-2021, 11:06 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I'm pretty sure Richie's buddy, Phil Cassens (?), posted it on Soundcloud. I don't remember his role; but he was working with Richie on the album.
Yup yup. He co-wrote Learning How to Fly With a Broken Win and I THINK one other (maybe You Can only get so high?)

It was from his personal soundcloud that had rough mixes of the songs. A select few people found it by accident, it was up for a week or two under Aftermath of the Lowdown. View count was pretty low but as soon as Richie announced the title and people started googling it, it was just about the only link for it.

It really did feel like a genuine mistake, not realizing it was set to public not private. I never thought it was intentional. To be honest some days I feel really bad I didn't do more to let his camp know it was up to help stop the leak before it happened.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:14 PM
Jovi Freak

Well that was the whole reason Forgiveness Street is widely available, no?
Old 07-13-2021, 11:20 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Well that was the whole reason Forgiveness Street is widely available, no?
Yes. I think the leak was easily something like 3 months prior to the official release? Didn't something similar happen with Undiscovered Soul in Japan as well?
Old 07-13-2021, 11:28 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yes. I think the leak was easily something like 3 months prior to the official release? Didn't something similar happen with Undiscovered Soul in Japan as well?
Someone posted something about that recently, but I'm not sure that is correct. I certainly didn't hear it until I got a hold of the early Japanese release and don't remember anything about a leak, but then they were different times and people were still trading rather than downloading. I always thought it was because Richie was over there doing a lot of promo with a Japanese artist that he did a single with and the label wanted to cash in on that, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Thinny; 07-13-2021 at 11:35 PM..
Old 07-14-2021, 12:03 AM
Jovi Freak

The Japanese version of Undiscovered Soul was RELEASED early, as in: Sold. As far as I know, it wasn't like the scenario with - for example - Kiss, where a bootleg of a still unreleased album was sold, but the Japanese label just officially released the (as of then unfinished) album early. So I'd say it's quite different, especially compared to a leak.

And I don't remember how early the Aftermath leak was, but it was a LONG time before the release. Might have been even longer than three months.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:27 AM
Posting everyday

Really gotta check if I still got that early leak. Also never really looked into whether the mixes were different from the final ones on AOTL. Did anybody do that?
Old 07-14-2021, 12:32 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Really gotta check if I still got that early leak. Also never really looked into whether the mixes were different from the final ones on AOTL. Did anybody do that?
The mix changes were pretty minor. A few songs had some rougher count-ins lopped off for the proper release, Richie had a very Grohl-esque growl in the intro to Nowadays.

If I recall, Nowadays was added pretty far after the rest were and I feel like that was in a lower quality.

EDIT: Looked into it, it was released in Sept of 2012 and the press release went out in July of that year. By that point it had been up for a month or two.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:38 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The mix changes were pretty minor. A few songs had some rougher count-ins lopped off for the proper release, Richie had a very Grohl-esque growl in the intro to Nowadays.

If I recall, Nowadays was added pretty far after the rest were and I feel like that was in a lower quality.

EDIT: Looked into it, it was released in Sept of 2012 and the press release went out in July of that year. By that point it had been up for a month or two.
Now that you mention it - yeah, Nowadays was added later on and criticized as too much of a Bon Jovi-styled song on here back then. My early files also date back to somewhere in June of 2012, so the leak really was early.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:10 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yup yup. He co-wrote Learning How to Fly With a Broken Win and I THINK one other (maybe You Can only get so high?)

It was from his personal soundcloud that had rough mixes of the songs. A select few people found it by accident, it was up for a week or two under Aftermath of the Lowdown. View count was pretty low but as soon as Richie announced the title and people started googling it, it was just about the only link for it.

It really did feel like a genuine mistake, not realizing it was set to public not private. I never thought it was intentional. To be honest some days I feel really bad I didn't do more to let his camp know it was up to help stop the leak before it happened.
The first RSO EP met the same fate.

Tags
richie sambora