Thread: Richie Sambora
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2022, 11:21 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Agreed with the above. For me it'd just be to kiss it goodbye. I can't stomach paying that much to see Jon like this but if it's the last time I see J+R together I'm down. My expectations are rock bottom either way so I may have an okay time.
Yup, pretty much this! If they wrap the band up without bringing Richie back for at least the final run, then what a joke! I can easily see this being 40 years and out. Jon is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan2021 View Post
While Jon sounds horrible, Richie doesn’t sound that good too according to the last live shows I heard, though this is a while ago and maybe just bad days for him.
To be fair the last footage we saw of Richie was at the Barnstable Brown Gala earlier this year and vocally he sounded better than he has in a long time. I think this this is vocally very strong.

https://youtu.be/ViAJFjUSe0I

In my opinion adding him to a Bon Jovi show would potentially elevate it enough vocally to make it enjoyable. People forget just how much Richie sang in the band and backed up Jon. Jon would make sure that they were well rehearsed, which is where Richie often falls flat with his solo stuff, and Phil (or Shanks) would be kept on hand too, I'm sure.

Last edited by Thinny; 10-06-2022 at 12:02 AM..