Thread: Richie Sambora
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2023, 02:31 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I didn't see any shows on this tour but was under the impression that it was a successful run for him and he was in decent shape. What was so bad about Leeds and London? And for you, how was he able to be good at Nottingham but not the others? Do you see it as a focus thing.
Leeds, in my opinion, he definitely wasn't sober, his playing was sloppy and unfocused and his going off on tangents was out of control. So much so that Ori and the Drummer would end the song while Richie was still trying to improvise something, whether it was a solo or some sort of vocal excercise. It's the worst show by him I have ever seen. It was the first show of the tour, so maybe he needed something to calm the nerves?

Nottingham was like a a different person, focused, played great, sang great! It's like he'd had a word with himself and sorted himself out. I was very relieved! I took two people with me to this one that had never seen Richie before, and both really enjoyed his set.

Birmingham was good, but lacked the focus a little and the unnecessary extended improvisions were creeping back.

I wasn't in London but I know several people who were there and I'm told it was a mess again.