Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Runaway Tours Halloween Getaway Show Cancelled. JBJ has Covid

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-02-2021, 08:40 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
No, it's not. Get vaccinated, move on. Period.

But everyone had to be vaccinated to get on board and it was still cancelled. covid is never going away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Old 11-02-2021, 10:26 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
What do you mean??
Im triple vaccinated because Im a vulnerable person,I still wear my mask everywhere and I think its too early to gather a lot of people in a room for a party,for a q&a and of course for a photo with Jon,and all of them without mask and with no social distance.
After all of that,Jon will sing Do what you can....
I cant remember the last time I saw Jon with mask,he had gone to a lot of events with absolutely normality,with no mask,so I was no surprise of him getting covid.

If you want to move on,then move on,but dont put on risk the life of other people.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19

Last edited by Xavi; 11-02-2021 at 10:28 AM..
Old 11-02-2021, 03:03 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
1. Was Matt actually crying?

2. He sounds exactly like Jon when he talks. Wonder if he could sing?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
Okay, this is a little scary.

Right after I watched the video, I told a friend that aside from the Covid announcement itself, there were a couple things that stood out to me. 1) I was kinda surprised that Matt seemed to be so emotional; and, 2) if you closed your eyes you wouldn't know it wasn't Jon talking...

Wow! RDK and JackieBlue thinking almost the same exact thing... Who woulda thunk?

Seriously, though, I hope everything is okay with Jon and all who were in attendance. Wishing them all the best!
Old 11-02-2021, 04:04 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Okay, this is a little scary.

Right after I watched the video, I told a friend that aside from the Covid announcement itself, there were a couple things that stood out to me. 1) I was kinda surprised that Matt seemed to be so emotional; and, 2) if you closed your eyes you wouldn't know it wasn't Jon talking...

Wow! RDK and JackieBlue thinking almost the same exact thing... Who woulda thunk?

Seriously, though, I hope everything is okay with Jon and all who were in attendance. Wishing them all the best!
The whole Matt crying thing is either one of two things, if not both...

Even though Jon is his brother, I still think there is still an element of kiss assing that needs to be done... or he's just playing it up for some type of sympathy. Instead of giving a 100 percent refund including taking care of fans travel and lodging, him fake crying gives him some sympathy. Notice that his crying went right into reimbursement talk.

Jon's practically a billionaire and people who attend these overpriced events are probably not hard up for money either however at the end of the day, people go on these trips for Jon... not Halloween contests or watching the band do soundcheck. Jon is the product and he couldn't deliver so the right thing to do is issue a 100% refund and maybe even comp a couple hundred bucks extra...

When someone loses your luggage on an airline, they'll comp your flight, give you credit towards another one, and give you money to replace your belongings.

It's just the right thing to do...

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 11-02-2021 at 04:07 PM..
Old 11-02-2021, 04:06 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
I think there's a BIG difference between "living your life" and "flying in people across the country for an indoor event in one of the states with the lowest restrictions". IMHO, stuff like this is too soon and one step beyond living your life. Others are more comfortable but you have to accept that risk if you're doing stuff like this.

Has anyone seen much backlash against the organization or demanding refunds? All I'm seeing is people who are bummed out but understanding.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_jovi View Post
i think there's a big difference between "living your life" and "flying in people across the country for an indoor event in one of the states with the lowest restrictions". Imho, stuff like this is too soon and one step beyond living your life. Others are more comfortable but you have to accept that risk if you're doing stuff like this.

Has anyone seen much backlash against the organization or demanding refunds? All i'm seeing is people who are bummed out but understanding.
exactly!!! ��
I ve only seen people sending messages to Jon to get recovered soon,nothing of demandins refunds.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19

Last edited by Xavi; 11-02-2021 at 05:05 PM..
Old 11-02-2021, 10:43 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
What do you mean??
Im triple vaccinated because Im a vulnerable person,I still wear my mask everywhere and I think its too early to gather a lot of people in a room for a party,for a q&a and of course for a photo with Jon,and all of them without mask and with no social distance.
After all of that,Jon will sing Do what you can....
I cant remember the last time I saw Jon with mask,he had gone to a lot of events with absolutely normality,with no mask,so I was no surprise of him getting covid.

If you want to move on,then move on,but dont put on risk the life of other people.
I'm vaccinated and got covid 2 weeks ago. Didn't feel a thing so I'm assuming the vaccine is doing its job, which is great.

What I mean is that we can't live in fear for the rest of our lives. We have to deal with this and move on. I still wear a mask mostly because of my pregnant wife but that's it.

People WILL develop a myriad of complications from wearing masks, sadly. Respiratory problems and especially the lack of antibodies - because we're never exposed to anything! I'm sorry you're a vulnerable person but I'm afraid always wearing a mask will only make you more vulnerable.. just my 2 cents. Stay safe.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Old 11-03-2021, 02:53 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
I'm vaccinated and got covid 2 weeks ago. Didn't feel a thing so I'm assuming the vaccine is doing its job, which is great.

What I mean is that we can't live in fear for the rest of our lives. We have to deal with this and move on. I still wear a mask mostly because of my pregnant wife but that's it.
I partially agree about moving on. Research shows that those who refuse to get the vaccine and still get covid have a much bigger risk of needing serious hospital care. Those who do work in hospitals are tired by now as their job has turned into something they never really signed up for. So while a lot are able to move on there is a group who's operation is on hold because a few morons take up the intensive care unit as they didn't want to take the shot. The people taking care of that group also can't really move on either.

Trips like these should be for the vaccinated only. If there's 1 who gets Covid you're still all protected as best as you can, and you're indeed able to move on.

There's a small group who can't take the vaccine because of a medical condition and a large group who refuses to do so because a message on Facebook told them the dog of an uncle of a doctor who studied medicine with the cat's wife of a preacher says there's clear traces of poisonous pineapple pizza in the vaccine. I've no sympathy for the latter. If that group ruins it for the larger group who did take the shot then **** them. Make them pay for every nuisance they've to deal with. From travel expenses to health care. Let's see how valuable those Facebook messages then turn out to be.

I also think those who sign up for cruises or Halloween shows or whatever with Jon Bon Jovi are fully aware of the risks nowadays. Both with Runaway Tours and with Jon not being able to play because he has Covid is a risk you're willing to take in nowadays society. I'm sure the way JBJ Runaway Tours will handle it in an absolutely appaling way by giving discounts to next time's Runaway trip or something similar though. And that same group will be on the next trip anyway.

In the end this is just another case of Jon being all Democratic in your face yet acting like a Republican behind everyone's back. Really, how hard would it've been to stream a live gig to that audience? Or do a Q&A?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-03-2021, 02:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I partially agree about moving on. Research shows that those who refuse to get the vaccine and still get covid have a much bigger risk of needing serious hospital care. Those who do work in hospitals are tired by now as their job has turned into something they never really signed up for. So while a lot are able to move on there is a group who's operation is on hold because a few morons take up the intensive care unit as they didn't want to take the shot. The people taking care of that group also can't really move on either.

Trips like these should be for the vaccinated only. If there's 1 who gets Covid you're still all protected as best as you can, and you're indeed able to move on.

There's a small group who can't take the vaccine because of a medical condition and a large group who refuses to do so because a message on Facebook told them the dog of an uncle of a doctor who studied medicine with the cat's wife of a preacher says there's clear traces of poisonous pineapple pizza in the vaccine. I've no sympathy for the latter. If that group ruins it for the larger group who did take the shot then **** them. Make them pay for every nuisance they've to deal with. From travel expenses to health care. Let's see how valuable those Facebook messages then turn out to be.

I also think those who sign up for cruises or Halloween shows or whatever with Jon Bon Jovi are fully aware of the risks nowadays. Both with Runaway Tours and with Jon not being able to play because he has Covid is a risk you're willing to take in nowadays society. I'm sure the way JBJ Runaway Tours will handle it in an absolutely appaling way by giving discounts to next time's Runaway trip or something similar though. And that same group will be on the next trip anyway.

In the end this is just another case of Jon being all Democratic in your face yet acting like a Republican behind everyone's back. Really, how hard would it've been to stream a live gig to that audience? Or do a Q&A?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Well that sums up the situation perfectly.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Thumbs up

Fair play. They are giving everyone on the Miami trip a full 100% refund