Thread: Secret Dreams
View Single Post

Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
It's a great song.

Also Silent Night (especially Cincinati 1987), Hardest Part is The Night, In And Out Of Love, Only Lonely, She Don't Know Me, Roulette, Shot Through The Heart, Get Ready are all songs that I really enjoy from the pre Slippery era.
All Great Songs!

Like I said, if you're a Slippery and Jersey fan, there is no way to not like these albums. Not every song is a home-run but every song offers something of brilliance that lead up to Slippery and Jersey. Kinda like how the NJ demos are great but not as great as the album tracks. That's how I feel about the first two albums. They are Slippery and Jersey demos to me.

Jon's voice and his signature scream are apparent throughout. Richie's guitar riffs are brilliant. Some really great hooks, medleys, chorus' and just overall lyrics.

Getting back to Secrete Dreams.... I think the guitar riffs are awesome! Jon's signature scream makes an appearance. I think the only thing lacking in the actual chorus however the prechorus is what hooks me in. The part in bold... The way Jon sings the Oh, No, and Oh, Oh with a passion that no longer exists today.

Oh, no, I don't want to fall
Oh, oh, can't you hear me calling

All night long in my secret dreams
You tell me I'm the one
When I'm next to you -- next to you.
All I want in my secret dreams
Is you here with me.
I got to get to you, get to you, get to you.