View Single Post

Old 09-18-2022, 04:55 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Some of these songs were meant for another Greatest Hits planned in 1998 and were then re-recorded by the band. There's Life's Too Short For Days Like These which was recorded by Jon and the Big Dogs in 1998, just like These Arms Are Open All Night wasn't meant for Sex Sells either.

Sex Sells, which still hasn't seen the light of day on any official release, was obviously meant for Sex Sells. Obie's said the song wasn't good enough for the Box Set which I find rather hard to believe considering they were willing to name an album after it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I Like Life's Too Short For Days Like These. I Would have enjoyed this song and Gimme Some on the 2004 Box Set.

About Sex Sells, who knows, What About Now, Bounce and Lost Highway are just ok songs and ended up naming the album. Sometimes it is just a representative title. I think Crush was meant to be called One Wild Night, until they rearranged the tracks.

I remember there was another list of songs that never came out, and that came from ASCAP?

Some that I remember:

Shadow Dancing
Good Ain't Good Enough
Someday You'll Ride Wild Horses
Even Bad Times Are Good Times (Maybe? Welcome To The Good Times?)
Even In Your Imagination
Forbidden Love

I wish all these songs (including the already known Life Too Short and Gimme Some) were on the next Box Set.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-18-2022 at 05:01 PM..