Thread: Sex Sells
View Single Post

Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 AM
The Distance

Default Sex Sells

I'm sure this topic has been discussed several times over but I have a few questions.

Jon was supposed to release back to back solos in the late 90's. Does anyone know why SS was squashed? I've heard people say they released Crush instead but that was 2 years later and only a coulple songs were recycled. Was it b/ DA failed commercially?

And what was the Listening Party? Where was it? Are those songs live? The sound is so bad, I can't even tell. Are there any fans on this board who were there that could elaborate?

When was it even written and recorded being that DA was released in '97 and Jon toured it in '97 '98? When did he have time for this Sex Sells album that I belive was supposed to be released in '98 '99? I know he wrote DA while making movies. Did he write the SS songs at the same time? I'd say no b/c the songs sound so much different.

I find this "lost" album interesting. What was the reason for doing back to back solos? Why spend all that money and time writing / recording and then squash it?

And last, what do you think of those songs? Good Ain't Good Enough? Last Chance Train? Rich Man, etc?