View Single Post

Old 12-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Born to be my Baby

Default Slippery When Wet - 25th Anniversery...

2011 marks the 25th Anniversery of "Slippery When Wet". I know this isn't going to happen, but what a great opportunity this is for Bon Jovi to give something back to the fans, to stop taking the "safe" option and release something significant to mark the release of their most successful album.

Here is what I am hoping for....a "Deluxe" edition of Slippery....
Disc 1. The Album (I know this is crazy and all...but yeah)

Disc 2. Outtakes/demo's/b-sides/live recordings from the tour. Include some goodies that haven't been officially released. I don't want to hear live tracks that have been already officially released. Open up the vaults. Stuff it...spread this stuff out over 2 discs, not the one.

Bonus DVD. Like one of the VH1 Ultimate Albums kinda deal. A documentry on the making of the disc. Interviews with all members (including Alec John Such...even though he might not have played on it!), and others who had a hand in the making of the record. Include interviews with celebrities who love the album also.

Finish it up in a nice package with a thick, glossy booklet.
"Slippery" is a landmark album and it deserves something like this. I know it won't happen and they probably would have done this for the 20th anniversery if they were going to....but one can only hope. I reckon the fans would lap this up...I know I would.
Thoughts?