View Single Post

Old 06-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I think NJ is pretty much perfect, I wouldn't change anything on there.

I think Slippery would benefit from both Borderline and Edge Of A Broken Heart, although style wise, maybe Edge was too poppy to fit on to Slippery comfortably?
I LOVE "Edge Of A Broken Heart". Had already been a fan for 5 years when I first heard it in 1991. Was blown away how good the track really is!!

Quote:
I'd happily live without Without Love.
That's an interesting track. I personally enjoy it almost as much as the singles, but its got "hit" written all over it...meaning its a tailormade mid-tempo hit song. Maybe over-written...if there's such a term?! But it was never a single and maybe a bit boring for some...

Quote:
As far as the Demos go, although I do enjoy a lot of them, especially the NJ ones, I don't think that they should have made the album at the expense of other songs. The Slippery ones are mostly pretty weak.
Same! Although there might be some which would've benefit from proper studio recording & production and they could've been at least quality-wise the same as "99 In The Shade" (which for me is almost a filler, but its done so well it fits the album....but all the live versions I've heard are boring....)