Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Things You'd Change About Bon Jovi

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Default Things You'd Change About Bon Jovi

I know this is going to open the floodgates for those...shall we say, less then positive about all things Bon Jovi , but what the hey, it should be interesting nonetheless. Basically if you had the power to change anything about Bon Jovi what would you change? It can be anything trivial, serious, minor or major.

The two things I'd like to see change are;

1) Richie Sambora gets to take lead vocals on at least one song per album

and

2) David Bryan included more in the songwriting process and quit writing with these pop guys like Max Martin and Andreas Carlson.

That's all for now .

Phil
It seems these days theres so much negativity going on in the world. I dont know maybe being a hopeless romantic or an optimist isnt fashionable but to me those stars up there were just that close,so i couldnt help but sit down with Richie and write this song and so for all the believers out there we're not a dying breed.This is called These Days~JBJ

Old 07-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

1. They would play more concert dates in the southern part of the USA.
2. They would vary the set list more.
3. They would stop playing old singles like Bad Name, Wanted, It's My Life, and Prayer on TV appearances to promote the new CDs (Today Show, Saturday Night Live, etc)
4. Jon would sing I'll Be There for You in concert.
5. If Richie is going to sing a song in concerts, Dave and Tico should get to sing a song too. Or, at least, they should alternate nights.
6. When Richie does sing in concert, it would be a solo song and people wouldn't make a mad rush to the bathroom (okay, so that is changing the fans and not the band, but whatever.)
7. They would stop releasing cheesey ballads like Thank You for Loving Me and All About Loving You.
8. They would all stop smoking cigarettes, especially Jon because he's the singer. It doesn't matter so much if Richie and Tico are firing them up, aside from hurting their own health.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:01 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

I guess its all superficial stuff , like not wearing Gold suits for the box set cover, choosing better song/album titles. I wouldnt change the main core of anything they do its what makes them Bon Jovi....

Dawn

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE
Old 07-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
7. They would stop releasing cheesey ballads like Thank You for Loving Me and All About Loving You.
8. They would all stop smoking cigarettes, especially Jon because he's the singer. It doesn't matter so much if Richie and Tico are firing them up, aside from hurting their own health.
I definitely should've mentioned those two, especially number 8.
7 I don't think is really down to the band however, Jon wanted to release The Distance or Bounce and the record company released AALY. On Crush he wanted Just Older released but again the record company went with TYFLM. Perhaps that's the reason "These Open Arms" didn't make the new album, even if it's as good as LOTJR is saying, Jon and the band probably want to get away from the "power-ballad" image and if included on the album it would almost garauntee it getting released.

Phil
It seems these days theres so much negativity going on in the world. I dont know maybe being a hopeless romantic or an optimist isnt fashionable but to me those stars up there were just that close,so i couldnt help but sit down with Richie and write this song and so for all the believers out there we're not a dying breed.This is called These Days~JBJ
Old 07-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Just posting

i would've changed the complete period 2000 - now
Old 07-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

I would change every band memebers age back to the age of 20. I don't want them to retire anytime soon!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????
Old 07-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Runaway

1 - Jon's voice
2 - Stop making crap songs like Misunderstood, All About Loving You, Thank You For Loving Me, Open All Night (2003) etc
3 - More Rock N' Roll!! More Rock N' Roll!!! They are a rock band for the God sake!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Posting Always

100% agreeing with Becky. Im sure I'd come up with even more, but what Becky said is damn good start.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:50 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Yeah basically what Becky said with the addition of toughing up a bit. I.e. be a rock band and not a pop band, but then I guess the new album might be closer to the rock genre with any luck.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
I definitely should've mentioned those two, especially number 8.
7 I don't think is really down to the band however, Jon wanted to release The Distance or Bounce and the record company released AALY. On Crush he wanted Just Older released but again the record company went with TYFLM. Perhaps that's the reason "These Open Arms" didn't make the new album, even if it's as good as LOTJR is saying, Jon and the band probably want to get away from the "power-ballad" image and if included on the album it would almost garauntee it getting released.

Phil
I thought I read that the producer guy told them to go with the powerballad image and not be ashamed of that cause that is who they were. So I would suspect a few powerballads will make it to this album. Whether they are any good or not is yet to be heard.

I agree with Beckys lists basically. Change the tour thing to do a few concerts in Australia.

Kat