View Single Post

Old 08-25-2018, 11:53 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
It’s kind of sad... do the members hate each other so much they refuse to be in the same room? Do they just not care about the HOF?
Several members haven't spoken in years with the 2 brothers being most prominent. Dire Straits never had the same line up, so who is the Hall of Fame to decide who was most important in the band and deserves to be inducted?

As for why they didn't show up; They don't care. To a lot of people the Hall of Fame is a very American thing. It's often mentioned in the press over here but it's considered "your party". I guess in the end the European approach is a bit cynical in regards to who gets in and who doesn't as acts are nominated by a committee. I don't get the hype among Bon Jovi and their fans either. Do you really need the award to feel some validation for your work and fandom?

I'd have liked to see Dire Straits perform again, but it'd never be as good as it was 30 years ago. Mark Knopfler's mindset is completely different and his approach to Dire Straits songs is different as well. Unlike a certain band some acts do know when to stop.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan