View Single Post

Old 01-08-2023, 12:08 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
It was rarely ever cool to wear a Bon Jovi shirt, even in the 90s when I was getting into the band I would be ripped for doing that (in the UK). What shirts you see is not an indication of popularity, or if it is, only in a micro way.
I also wore Bon Jovi shirts in the 90s. And I used to see a lot of other people wearing them too. They were never cool, but they were popular. Now they are neither it seems. So agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
IYou say young people in the UK have zero interest in Bon Jovi. Maybe, probably even. Still, you are saying that with a degree of certainty that makes me think you actually know what you are talking about. I am curious how you know this.
Because I live in the UK and know a lot of younger people into music...I'm also very involved with the music industry over here, as well as social media stuff, it's part of my job to know what a bands target audience is. Also it's common sense that people in their 20s generally are not going to be listening to legacy artists in their 60s. The majority of them will be listening to current popular (young) artists.

Younger people do not view bands or consume artists the way that we did when we were young. It's a very different thing. They don't even really listen to albums. It's all about the song now. Of course there are exceptions, the rock fan base for instance. But the rock fan base has very little interest in Bon Jovi in 2023. It's a different world now.

Last edited by Thinny; 01-08-2023 at 12:13 PM..