View Single Post

Old 04-16-2020, 12:42 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
That's interesting, I presumed from Supersonics post that they were credited on the album, but now you say it I do seem to remember is being listed as JBJ/RS. Strangely there doesn't appear to be any songwriting credits on Crush at all (at least the Vinyl and Promo CDs - I don't have the original CD handy).

Even the 7" doesn't list a song writer (the B-Sides Bed Of Roses does...which seems strange)
The Crush album, as released, had no writing credits at all. Hell, it had no lyrics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I remember having read these names on fan sites as far back as 15 years ago, I think the credits were either listed on the single or on one of releases (Japanese?), but the info about these two co-writers has been on the web for a long time. And even if they weren't listed on the album, it still seems like another spin on the Max Martin story.
This is not about the album, this is about who is LEGALLY entered as having written the song. You can just opt not to print writing credits, sure, but you can't just change the legal information. Unless they had signed such a deal upfront, that they would not be credited. But why would Richie be credited then? Wiki just lists JBJ and these two guys.

I also remember Bob Rock being credited on a track on the Crush album. Never read that again. The writing credits for Crush are weird and disjointed, probably because they resulted from the songs having been written on a ton of occasions (two solo albums plus the writing period just for the "band album").

Quote:
All the singles to follow up until Who Says were somewhere in that beaten pattern - Everyday and Have A Nice Day rehashed the IML theme and structure,
If anything, Everyday sounds like N'SYNC's "Bye Bye Bye".

Quote:
All About Lovin' You was once again forced onto the album by the record company.
We know this because...? It's not a track that I don't see the band doing and merely HAVING to do because of the label. Speculation on this board is not the same as "that's how it was".