View Single Post

Old 04-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I don't think you're far off the mark at all. Songs get offered to band's all the time and that how Def Leppard ended up recording Long Long Way To Go from their X album in 2002 (also written by Wayne Hector). Def Leppard didn't take any writing credits on that one though. I think after She Don't Know Me Jon refuses to record a song that he isn't credited on. Maybe he changed a line here or there just to get it on there. But yeah, I don't think he sat down and write this with them at all. I think it was sent to him and he maybe tweaked it a little.
That could've happened and either the label or Bon Jovi bought the rights to the song. All in that era was kind of a mess. In around 2000, there was an interview from a German reporter, Alex Gernandt, with Jon. That author had also published a German biography about the band and was quite close to them since the mid-80's after having had worked for various music magazines. I'm not sure if that quote was in Bravo magazine or in the book, but they had talked about IML and Jon jokingly said about Max Martin that "I didn't think it was such a good idea to be linked to one of the most famous pop writers on a rock record" and hence not having him in the credits.