View Single Post

Old 04-17-2020, 12:52 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Thank You For Loving Me was written by Jon and Richie. I have always had this information. They're listed as authors on ascap and also the Czech version of such database.

And it sounds like typical Bon Jovi ballad, only with the popier feel of that time around 2000. I also fits the mood the were in lyrically. They didn't write about the same as in I'll Be There For You but rather from a long term relationship prespective. It corresponds with Just Older - they felt kinda old

All About Lovin' You sounds more like someone else's songs, at least musically and in arrangement. The chorus sounds like Bon Jovi.

I think they didn't play TYFLM that much because the already had many big ballads to play. Mainly Bed Of Roses, then I'll Be There For You, in 2001 Always returned. They skipped TD ballads completely (somehow These Days the song is not a ballad in my book).
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights