View Single Post

Old 08-07-2022, 01:36 AM
Jovi Freak

I quite like Room At The End of the World. But me specifically remembering that one might have more to do with the fact that it works very well on an otherwise pretty lame album. Also, it's more about religious imagery than actual love, no? Kinda like a reverse Hallelujah. Or Amen.

Is Blood in the Water a ballad? Is I Am? Bells of Freedom? Man, I even really like Learn To Love. But the only one of these about love is I Am. It's also my favorite out of these. Oh, Postcards From The Wasteland is also a pretty song. But it has a demo-ish quality to the recording, sadly.

As far as the big single, big budget stuff goes, yeah, Thank You For Loving Me is the one. Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore is okay I guess, but not quite as good. Have there even been many others? AALY, sure. Not a favorite. Anything else in the classic power ballad mold? I mean, I like Amen. But not better than TYFLM.

As for best lyrics and lyrics only, I guess I can't say with authority. Some of the more subdued stuff I never paid too much attention to since the music was rather lame. Luv Can is nice, but that album quickly became Blood In The Water plus bonus tracks to me.