View Single Post

Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
You've basically summed up most pop songs there.

The Drum patterns and the actual chords and riffs are completely different.
Errrr... no. You didn't get the point. One of the characteristics of IML and it's clones is the 4 verses structure that I described before, and while I haven't said that this was a complete new invention, it was an outstanding characteristic that BJ introduced with IML and repeated on it's clones, that sometimes even had the same talkbox-thing (Bounce, Complicated), or/and the same topic (living life).

You cannot convince me that those songs have a special pattern: While only the first two lines of lyrics are interrupted with the riff, while the vocals come without music in between those riffs, or just drums, anyway, a break, and the other two lines work as a bridge/built up for the chorus. If still don't get the point... then I'm not the one to repeat myself anymore. You ONLY find that on those clone-songs. Go figure.

And IML and HAND have the same chords. Go play it. This has nothing to do with the amount of chords there are to use. The combination of all elements makes HAND a ridiculous clone. But I still like it, and it's a great live song.